Ipsy April Glam Bag

If you enjoy beauty products but don’t want to pay for full size, Ipsy Glam Bag is a subscription for you.

Glam Bag is a monthly make-up package designed by Ipsy. For $10, Ipsy gives you deluxe to sample sized products whether it comes to face, eyes, skin and hair. With themes changing every month, Ipsy gives you five products along with a makeup bag for $10. Brands include Too Faced, Smashbox, Tarte and others.

An interesting feature of Glam Bag is the Beauty Quiz. Ipsy gives you a survey on your personal style and which products you would like to see monthly, unlike other subscriptions where you have no choice.

April’s theme was dreamers. In the package, you get a variety based off your Beauty Quiz. Everyone gets the same makeup pouch but you don’t exactly receive the same products as others so it’s a surprise.

13072320_1200786783273916_23350181_o
Diana Guevarra/The Telescope

This was my first month with Ipsy’s Glam Bag, so I didn’t know what to expect. In my bag I received a variety of products:

1) Tarte LipSurgence™ lip crème in wonder

Being a lip cream this product comes with a creamy consistency. It is easy to apply but easily smudgeable. This stick comes with a decent amount of product for the price and the brand.

2) Briogeo Don’t Despair Repair Gel Overnight Treatment

I haven’t tried this yet, but I set my quiz to provide me with conditioning products. Because I used to lighten my hair, this product is something I look forward to using.

3) Crown Duo Fiber Brush

I was so glad to see a brush in this pack. A normal stippling brush cost around $5-$6. Plus who doesn’t need extra brushes?

4) Juliette Has a Gun – Not Perfume

I’m not a fan of sprayed perfume, but it caught me off guard by the title of it. “Not Perfume” interesting enough, it contains only a few ingredients according to the box. The scent has a musk to it but also a floral. It seems like a unisex scent.

5) Nomad Eyeshadow Desert Sand

My absolute favorite in the pack. Nomad’s Desert Sand is a nice bronze to orange hue shadow. I use this shadow as a base and added brown colors for a bronze-hued smokey eye.

April’s bag provided products that were useful and fit for me and worth the $10. Although that, according to other users and reviews on Ipsy, they weren’t content with the products they received this month.

Ipsy’s Glam Bag seems like a hit-or-miss. It’s is an interesting monthly concept for makeup advocates who want to try new products. Who knows? Maybe you’ll find a new product you’ll love.

• Ipsy April Glam Bag 2016: Diana Guevarra/The Telescope | All Rights Reserved