It’s that time of year again, love is in the air and picking the perfect Valentine’s Day date is crucial. If you’re a college student this is also the time of year when money can be a little tight so here is a list of six, last-minute date ideas for Valentine’s day that won’t break the bank.
- Plan a Movie Night: Why not surprise you partner with a night in? Build a pillow fort equipped with their favorite snacks and watch their favorite movies, binge watching their favorite show is also another great choice.
- Go on a hike: The hiking craze is still in full effect, so take advantage of it. If your honey loves the outdoors, set up a romantic hike that ends with a equally romantic picnic.
- Cook a meal together: With access to the Internet, finding a cheap, delicious and lovely meal to cook should be a breeze. Cooking a meal with your loved one will let them know exactly how much you care. Plus if done right it will leave you with leftovers, that’s always a bonus.
- Book a couple’s massage: Usually the average price of a massage or spa date is comparable to tuition. However, during Valentine’s season discounts are abundant. Check out sites like Groupon and local massage/spa shops for deals. Couple massages are a win-win if you ask me.
- Do an activity that your partner dreams of doing: Chances are your partner has told you activities they dream of doing. Whatever it may be, do your research and surprise them! They will be impressed that you remembered and it will be a time they will never forget.
- Buy some flowers and chocolates: If all else fails nothing is more fail-proof than flowers and a box of chocolates. On Valentine’s Day these two things are as abundant as air. Couple this gift with some quality time together and your V-day will be just as great as any.
- HappyValentines1: Telescope Staff/The Telescope | All Rights Reserved