D&D Tiny Adventures – What’s Special About That?

So, I pretty much made a Facebook account just so I could try out the application “Dungeons & Dragons Tiny Adventures”… and it really is quite fun. You get some very minimal choices, and there is a bit of story element to each adventure, which (as advertised) is tiny. You dump your character after level 10, and get to start on a new “Generation” of character.

Okay, all well and good. At generation 6 you unlock a new class/race thing, the Genasi Swordmage. Doubtless this has some implications for those who are using D&D 4th edition; I’m not. (Heck, I never did pick up the 3.5 ed books; I don’t play at the moment. *sigh*) The Genasi Swordmage has an ability you can trigger whenever you like on an adventure… on his next encounter that requires a d20 roll, he can force it to be a ten.

Gee, that’s SOME special ability there. Just what I’d want to have if I’m worried about my next roll… “hey, GM, can I please be average?” “What? No, I don’t know what my next roll will be for, but… I want to be average!”

The whole concept behind D&D is that you’re playing heroic adventurers… but your special skill is to be average. How overwhelming.