Wii wish you a Merry Christmas…

My wife and I decided we wanted to get a Wii for Christmas this year; if you aren’t groaning or laughing yet, you obviously haven’t been shopping for a Wii since the start of November. Anyway, my holiday quest for a Wii ended last night, in a GameCrazy.

Congratulate me on my new Xbox 360.

Nintendo, I love your games (Zelda rocks!), your interoperability (the GameBoy Advance/GameCube connection is still kinda cool), and your innovation (the motion controls of the Wii are amazing). But I wanted some new video game choices this year, and I just wasn’t able to get them from you. Maybe next year.

I felt a good deal better about my decision to go 360 when, just during the time I spent in line to check out at GameCrazy, half a dozen other people stopped by the store specifically to ask if there were any Wii in stock… I was not alone, clearly. (For anyone in the Hemet, CA area there is a rumor that the San Jacinto GameCrazy will save a Wii for you at the store when the shipment comes in if you purchase an extended warranty. But you have to inquire in person… or so I’m told.) Best of luck to all those other searchers; I’ll be at home playing Assassin’s Creed and Bioshock.