San Marcos, CA (December 7, 2017) – Palomar College officials received notice that there is a fire in the area of Bonsall/Fallbrook west of the I-15 and State Route (SR) 76 that started at approximately 12:30 p.m. today — this has been identified as the Lilac Fire. According to reports, SR-76 west of 1-15 has been closed to traffic; and mandatory evacuations have been ordered for Sullivan Middle School and Rancho Monserate Country Club; Bonsall High School has also been evacuated.
Out of an abundance of caution, Palomar College sites at Fallbrook, Bonsall and Camp Pendleton are closed until further notice. Employees that reside in those areas and have received evacuation notifications, should consult with their supervisors if they need to leave.
College emergency personnel are monitoring the fire and will update the campus community, as appropriate. Officials recommend that faculty, staff and students monitor email in the event further updates and/or safety instructions are sent out.
Below are informational links provided by the County of San Diego:
- Emergency information on the http://www.sdcountyemergency.com/
- website and the mirror website in Spanish.
- org and ListoSanDiego.org sites have preparedness information.
- The SDEmergency apphas English and Spanish versions.
- County information pushed out through the @SanDiegoCountyTwitter can also be found in Spanish on @ListoSanDiego.