Make the research experience all your own by creating personalized accounts in some of the Library’s online research databases. These accounts allow you to save search strategies and results, organize research into folders, or save screen settings to retrieve later. Some databases let you share account information with others or set up “alerts” that automatically notify you when new articles appear.
You can set up personalized settings in the following databases:
- EBSCO databases (includes Academic Search Premier, Psycharticles, CINAHL, and many more): choose “Sign In To My EBSCOhost” at the top of any screen to begin
- JSTOR: select “MyJSTOR” at the top of any screen
- NetLibrary: click “Create a Free Account” at the top of the screen to set up, and “Log In” anytime after.
- CQ Researcher: select “Log In” under “Your Profile” in the left-side navigation box.
- ArtSTOR: click the “Log In To ArtSTOR” box at the top right-hand corner of the screen to register for the first time or login afterward.
- ProQuest Databases (Historical New York Times, Historical Los Angeles Times, Newspapers): choose “Set Up Alert” or “Create RSS Feed” from any results screen to have updates automatically delivered to you by email or a feed.
For help setting up personal account, select “Help” in any of the databases. Or, just explore the features on your own!
NOTE: You will need your Palomar ID and password to login off-campus to all of the databases listed above or any of the Library’s other Online Research Databases.
Questions? Comments? Come into the Library or call us at (760) 744-1150 x2616 during operating hours or email us at email@example.com. After hours, or any other time, use our free Ask A Librarian online chat service.