Eligible Academic Majors for Federal Financial Aid

To receive financial aid (Federal Pell Grant, FSEOG, Cal Grant, Federal Work Study and Federal Student Loans) you must declare an eligible program of study with the Admissions Office. 

Eligible programs are:

  • Associate in Arts (AA)
  • Associate in Science (AS)
  • Certificate of Achievement (CA): For a list of Financial Aid eligible Certificates, please see the Major Change Form


If you are transferring to a 4 year university the following academic transfer program majors are eligible for federal financial aid.

  • Associate in Arts (AA.U)
  • Associate in Science (AA.X)
  • Associate in Arts in University Studies


The following programs are NOT eligible for federal financial aid

  • Undecided
  • Certificate of Proficiency
  • Certificates of Achievement in University Studies:
    • US-CSUGE
    • US-ICSU
    • US-ICSUC
    • US-IUC 

You can submit a major change request form: Major Change Form

 If you have any questions, please stop by the financial aid office or send an email to finaid@palomar.edu

Last modified on September 15, 2022