Palomar College continues to remain focused on the health and safety of all students and employees. The College will continue to monitor COVID-19 related data, and if necessary, our health and safety guidance will be updated.
Although not required to be onsite, vaccination remains the top preventative measure against COVID-19. The College continues to recommend that all employees and students be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Vaccination events are held regularly, and the schedule is available on this webpage. In addition, facial coverings are also no longer required indoors, however, they are highly recommended.
District Wide COVID-19 Mitigation and Prevention Initiatives
If You Do Not Feel Well
If you are not feeling well, due to COVID-19, cold or flu-like symptoms, please do not come to class or work, contact your instructor or supervisor, respectively. Students should follow the guidance in this flowchart. Guidance for employees can be found here.
If you have tested positive for COVID-19, please complete the COVID- 19 Questionnaire. A member of our COVID-19 Response Action Team will contact you. The information you provide in the questionnaire is confidential. The questionnaire presents the necessary information to the College to provide guidance and issue the required notifications should an exposure take place on District property. If you have COVID-19 or other health related questions, students should call Student Health Services at 760-891-7530, and employees should contact their primary physician.
Daily Health Questionnaire Required
All employees, students and visitors are required to answer the daily health questionnaire in Cleared4 prior to coming on-site to the main campus or education centers. Students and employees will use their personal Cleared4 link.
- You can find your link in your Palomar College Student or email. You should see an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. This email contains your PERSONAL link. DO NOT forward it to anyone else.
- Upon first use, you will be required to register some of your personal information.
- Thereafter, you will need to take the survey to update your health each time you come to class or work.
- On a weekly basis, you will be asked to complete the entire health screening.
COVID-19 Antigen Test Kits are Available
Students can pick up free COVID-19 antigen test kits at Student Health Services (HC building), and employees are able to pick up a test kit during antigen test distribution events or by emailing email@example.com.
Increased Signage and Safety Measures
Signage is placed at entries and high traffic areas to notify all students, employees, and visitors of the Cleared4 daily health survey requirement, and a recommendation to wear a facial covering indoors. Our facilities department has provided additional safety measures at all campus locations, these include:
- Hand sanitizer stations in high traffic areas at the main campus and education centers.
- Air scrubbers/purifiers in buildings which were identified as needing additional circulation.
- Frequent cleaning of high use and touch areas (bathrooms, handles, etc.).
- Plexiglass/Protective barriers.