The Palomar College COVID-19 Recovery Plan (PCCRP) is designed to support a safe and healthy return to on-campus work and learning beginning in Fall 2021. We have also updated our Return to Campus Frequently Asked Questions. You can find them here. It is important to note, the PCCRP will be updated as the status of the pandemic changes in our region. Our main priority is to keep our students, employees, and campus community safe. The District will continue to monitor the situation and provide immediate updates if any changes occur.
- The PCCRP represents the current status for the College, it may change as guidance is issued by the County of San Diego Public Health Department, Cal/OSHA, the California State Department of Public Health and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- The Governing Board approved BP 7330and AP 7330 and reviewed and accepted the COVID-19 Employee Vaccination and Immunization Plan, which is included in the PCCRP.
- The Governing Board also approved BP 5210 and AP 5210, which apply to students, and will receive and review the COVID-19 Vaccination and Immunization Plan for students at an upcoming meeting. This document is also included in the PCCRP.
- The PCCRP also includes the COVID-19 Prevention Plan, which provides resources and direction to aid in the enforcement of the important health and safety measures designed to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus and related variants.
- The main campus and education centers will re-open to the general public on August 16 and our community partners will be able to reserve space through our standard Use of Facilities Request process at least three weeks in advance of the event/activity date.
Students and employees must be adhere to the following:
- Prior to coming to campus, students and employees are required to complete the daily health pre-screening form on the My Palomar App. Information on the App is available here.
- While indoors, all employees, students and visitors to campus are required to wear a facial covering, regardless of vaccination status. This includes classrooms and all campus meeting spaces.
- Face coverings do not need to be worn outside, regardless of vaccination status. However, students and employees who are not fully vaccinated are encouraged to wear a face covering outside when six (6) feet of social distancing is not possible.
- Employees are prohibited from asking other employees and students about their vaccination status, as this is medically confidential information.
The following is specific guidance for employees:
- Fully vaccinated employees may take their face covering off when working in their office alone.
- The College continues to make safety a top priority, and having full knowledge of the number of vaccinated employees allows us to plan and implement plans accordingly. As such, the College is requiring that all employees submit their vaccination status if they have not already provided proof of vaccination. Human Resources will email a “Vaccination Confirmation Form” to all employees who have not yet submitted a proof a vaccination. This form should be completed as soon as possible, but no later than September 30, 2021.
- If you have been fully vaccinated, but have not yet submitted proof of vaccination, please send proof to Human Resources in one of three ways:
- (PREFERRED) Send an email to email@example.com. In the subject line, enter “COVID-19 Proof of Vaccination”, and include your name, employee ID#, and proof.
- S. Mail: Palomar College (Attn: Benefits Office), 1140 W. Mission Rd., San Marcos, CA 92069
- Fax: (760) 761-3530
- If you have lost or misplaced your physical vaccination card, please visit Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Record (ca.gov) to obtain a replacement digital copy of your vaccination card for submission. You may also call the site you received your vaccination to request an additional physical vaccination card.