Strategic Planning Council
The following action and discussion took place at the February 2, 2016 meeting of the Strategic Planning Council.
ACTION ITEMS/SECOND READING
- MS (Dryden/Stockert): Approval to add the Director of Enrollment Services to the Budget Committee. The motion carried
ACTION ITEMS/FIRST READING
- New Compressed Academic Calendar 2016-2017
- Holiday Schedule 2016-2017
- Winter Holiday Schedule 2016-2017; 2017-18; 2018-2019
- Discussion on the five areas of focus for the semester: stabilization of enrollments; fiscal planning to ensure a balanced budget; filling critical vacancies; strengthening of outreach and retention efforts; and strengthening our messaging to our community
- Dan Sourbeer reviewed how enrollment is calculated, the current enrollment numbers, and potential enrollment for 2016-17. He discussed the challenges and opportunities to increase enrollment
- Michelle Barton presented an enrollment flow study, showing where District students are attending community college in San Diego County, and where Palomar College students come from.
- Ron Perez reported on the Governor’s proposed budget.
- Ron Perez reported that Palomar College is in stability funding and lead a discussion on its impact to the District.
- The Student Union Outdoor Digital Signage SPPF request was approved in the amount of $29,000 to $32,000. The signage will be purchased after a recommendation on district-wide signage is made by the new architects.
- ACCJC is looking for additional evaluators; contact the Accreditation Office if interested.
Additional information and exhibits can be found at the Strategic Planning Website: