The following discussion took place at the May 11, 2016 meeting of the Instructional Planning Council:
- Interim VP Sourbeer solicited questions/comments regarding the PRP priorities as recommended by the Division deans. The priorities were unanimously approved by the council.
- Interim VP Sourbeer mentioned that accreditation work will continue over the summer.
- Interim Dean Blanchard distributed a handout showing Palomar faculty that have committed to participating in the summer AEBG curriculum alignment project. Discussion centered around noncredit courses and their various applications ensued.
- Interim VP Sourbeer announced that the Superintendent/President Search Committee has selected finalists and forums will be held next Wednesday, May 18th in the Howard Brubeck Theatre
- Interim VP Sourbeer mentioned that a marketing company was interviewed and a decision should be forthcoming soon. · Faculty hiring is progressing and all committees should finish their work within a week of graduation.
- Margie Fritch, currently at SD Mesa CC, has accepted Palomar’s offer to become the new permanent CTEE Dean, starting on July 1st. The process of hiring a permanent AMBCS Dean will begin soon.
- Michael Mufson announced there will be a concert hour/student honors recital as well as an awards ceremony tomorrow, May 12th. In addition, the Palomar Symphony & Chorale will have a combined performance on Friday, May 13th & Saturday, May 14th. The Palomar Pacific Coast Concert Band will perform on Sunday, May 15th.
Student Services Planning Council
The following action and discussion took place at the April 13, 2016 meeting of the Student Services Planning Council:
- Approval of Minutes for March 9, 2016:
MCS – (Titus/Cunningham): The minutes for March 9, 2016 were approved and accepted into the record with abstentions from Veronica Aguilera, Dr. Glyn Bongolan and Dr. Kendyl Magnuson.
ACTION ITEMS/SECOND READING
- Proposal to add a Recruitment and Retention Committee Reporting to SSPC:
There was discussion regarding the Chair of the committee having a seat on SSPC and amendments were made to the membership.
Motion: MSC (Titus/Bongolan): A motion was made to add the Recruitment and Retention Committee reporting to SSPC with the amendments to the membership.
Result: Motion approved.
- New AA Representative – Jamie Moss
- Review Student Services PRP’s
- EOPS – Veronica Aguilera reviewed this PRP.
- Financial Aid, Veterans and Scholarships – Dr. Kendyl Magnuson reviewed this PRP.
- GFSP – Acting VPSS Brian Stockert reviewed this PRP.
- Student Equity Plan (SEP) – Acting VPSS Brian Stockert reviewed this PRP.
- Student Success and Support Program (SSSP) – Acting VPSS Brian Stockert reviewed this PRP.
- Discussion of SSPC Council Membership:
Acting VPSS Brian Stockert led the discussion on the current SSPC membership. A new membership list was created and will be brought back to SSPC on April 27, 2016 for a First Reading.
Additional information can be found at the Student Services Planning Council Website: