The following discussion took place at the February 24, 2016 meeting of the Instructional Planning Council:
- Interim VP Sourbeer reviewed the edits to the Faculty Rationale Form with the council and asked if this item could move to action. This request was approved as was the revised Faculty Rational Form. Discussion followed with a request to separate program review from resource allocation in the future.
- Interim VP Sourbeer initiated a discussion regarding Program Review. Interim Dean Owens expressed her concern about the college’s lack of Program Review indicating this is something that should be done every two years. Recommendations should come from a Program Review committee indicating to the Board what programs should be canceled, changed, or begun, based on relevant data and evaluation criteria.
- Interim VP Sourbeer reported that the third draft of the accreditation recommendation 1 is being completed along with the first draft of recommendation 2.
- Wendy Nelson reported that she went to the Faculty Senate Accreditation Conference at which she attained additional information regarding program review.
- Dean Sivert gave an update on the Online Tutoring pilot. Tutoring for some online and Camp Pendleton classes is now being offered by NetTutor, through Blackboard, typically at times when in-person tutoring is not offered, such as evenings and weekends.
Additional information can be found at the Instructional Planning Council Website: