Student Services Planning Council
The following action and discussion took place at the November 4, 2015 meeting of the Student Services Planning Council:
ACTION ITEMS/SECOND READING:
- MSC (Titus/Stockert): A motion was made and carried by unanimous vote to add an AA representative to the SSPC membership.
- Discussion of the SSPC membership having proportional representation.
- Committee reports:
- The Campus Police committee is in need of a chairperson.
- Spring 2016 registration begins on Monday, November 9, 2015.
- Student Services PRP’s are due November 6, 2015.
- Report on Student Services staffing updates.
- The Foundation will be participating in “Giving Tuesday” fund raising campaign on December 1, 2015.
- The Superintendent/President forums will be on Friday, November 6, 2015 from 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. in the Brubeck Theater (PAC).
- Student Affairs is hosting a “Stock the Bank” campaign on November 4, 2015. This effort is to support an on-campus food bank for students in need of food assistance.
- The Student Health 101 magazine is available to students via email and Twitter.
- Internship Day will be on March 1, 2016.
Additional information can be found at the Student Services Planning Council Website:
The following action and discussion took place at the September 15, 2015 meeting of the Strategic Planning Council:
- The work of the Web Revamp Task Force was summarized
- Review of a proposed procedure on having media placed on the new Streaming Media Server. The procedure will be sent to the Policies and Procedures Committee
- Discussion of a proposed website, Comet Information Exchange (CIE), a one-stop shop where faculty and staff are connected with the summaries of Palomar’s planning council meetings and other Palomar committee meetings
- Review of the 20156-2016 SPC Timeline
- Discussion and agreement to form an enrollment task force. The proposal will come to SPC at its next meeting as a first reading
- Review of the Strategic Plan 2016 Year 3 goals and objectives. The finalized goals and objectives will come to SPC at the next meeting as a first reading
- Discussion of SPPF funds FY 2015-2016, and consensus to concentrate on the enrollment objectives within the Strategic Plan 2016 Year 3. This item will come to SPC at the next meeting as a first reading
- Report that IPC reviewed and approved the faculty hiring list
- Discussion of the FON number for the next fiscal year
- Announcement that during the Political Economy Days on October 14-15, Ian Ruskin will be giving a one-man show on labor titled From Wharf Rats to Lords of the Docks on October 14 at 2:00 p.m. in the Howard Brubeck Theatre
- Announcement that the Foundation netted $250,000 at its GALA event
Additional information and exhibits can be found at the Strategic Planning Website:
Finance & Administrative Services Planning Council
The following action and discussion took place at the September 24, 2015 meeting of the Finance & Administrative Services Planning Council:
- MS (Miller/Moise): Debbie King from the Foundation presented a five-year pledge from Hunter Industries establishing an endowment of $500,000 in support of the Palomar College Arboretum. A motion was made to accept the donation and advance it to SPC. The motion carried unanimously.
- VP Perez welcomed and introduced new Fiscal Services Director, Carmen Coniglio.
- VP Perez reported a subcommittee of the Budget Committee will meet on the fourth Tuesday of each month for an in depth discussion and analysis of the District’s budget.
- VP Perez reported the interviews for the new President are in progress with an anticipated start date of January 2016.
- VP Perez mentioned that the District is beginning to plan for offerings/schedule/staffing of the South Education Center, opening Fall 2017.
- VP Perez reported the new California Coast Credit Union ATM machine was installed near the Bookstore.
- Chris Miller reported Palomar College won two awards at the Community College Facility Coalition (CCFC); an Award of Excellence for the Humanities Building and an Award of Merit for the Learning Resource Center.
Additional information can be found at the Finance & Administrative Services Planning Council Website: