The following discussion took place at the February 26, 2016 meeting of the Student Success and Equity Council:
- Approval of Minutes for January 22, 2016:
MSC – (Sourbeer/Anfinson): The minutes for January 22, 2016 were approved and accepted into the record with an abstention from Anel Gonzalez.
- Kristyn Lewko and Tracie Sayre gave a presentation on the electronic degree audit. Testing is underway for this online, automated system.
- Wendy Nelson gave a report on an equity session she attended during the ASCCC – 2016 Accreditation Institute conference held February 19-20, 2016.
- Olga Diaz reported on the following:
- Upcoming conference opportunities
- SSSP and Student Equity budget reports for 2014-15
- Faculty advising
- Region X Equity Week activities on March 7 – 11, 2016
- Cindy Anfinson presented a rubric for the SSEC funding requests.
- The Retention Workgroup requested the Manager of Orientation and Follow-up Services have a seat on this Council.
- The SSEC Workgroups met and reported the following:
- Student Pathways – Michelle Barton reported that they are discussing guided student career pathways. She requested the Council begin reading the book: Redesigning America’s Community Colleges – A Clearer Path to Student Success and discuss their thoughts on it at the Council meetings. Olga will purchase a supply of the book to distribute to the Council.
- Access & Outreach – Dr. Jack Kahn reported they will be researching strategies our campus community has implemented to support Veteran students and will begin to identify an institutional mission for this student group.
- Retention – Nancy Moreno reported they are planning workshops for the Week of Welcome (WOW), which will be held August 15-18, 2016.
Additional information can be found at the Student Success and Equity Council Website: http://www2.palomar.edu/pages/ssec/