In Interim Vice President for Instruction Dan Sourbeer’s absence, Dean Shayla Sivert called the meeting to order at 1:08 p.m.
- Interim President Adrian Gonzales discussed what Executive Leadership has been working on this fall, including discussion about what’s hurting Palomar as a college and addressing financial issues. He then opened the floor for questions and concerns.
- Concerns about the block schedule were voiced by the Life Sciences Department.
Najib Manea, Manager of Academic Technology, showed a tutorial video on Follett Discover Adopt & Access, indicating this is being considered at Palomar for future integration and asked for feedback from faculty. The tutorial can be viewed at follett.com/discover/login.cfm.
- Dean Shayla Sivert discussed how PRP forms are accessed. Rand Green asked in what browser the copy/paste function works. Discussion ensued about the PRP deadline and many asked that it be extended until the 3rd week of classes next semester. Shayla said that she would check in with VP Sourbeer.
- Dean Shayla Sivert discussed fall scheduling and some faculty asked about exceptions and flexibility with the block scheduling. Dean Sivert responded that she would speak with Interim VP Dan Sourbeer and Richard Loucks about this issue.
- Rico Bianchi with TTIP South gave a presentation on CCC Confernow (ZOOM) online meetings through Blackboard Collaborate. He explained that faculty/staff can log into confernow.org for a free membership.
- Dean Shayla Sivert demonstrated the Comet Information Exchange (CIE), which has been set up as a one-stop shop for campus information from councils and committees. CIE can be accessed at http://www.palomar.edu/cie.
The meeting adjourned at 2:30 p.m.
December 4, 2015