Finance & Administrative Services Planning Council
The following action and discussion took place at the April 14, 2016 meeting of the Finance & Administrative Services Planning Council:
- MS (Miller/Coniglio): The minutes from the March 10th meeting were approved with an abstention from Jose Fernandez and Connie Moise.
- VP Perez reviewed the draft of AP 3570 – Smoking and/or Other Tobacco Use. There were no comments or suggestions from the members.
- VP Perez reported due to the compressed calendar for the fall 2016 semester, the starting and ending times of classes will be shifting. Our meeting time will change from 2-3:30PM to 2:45-4PM to accommodate our faculty members.
- VP Perez reported the members for the Presidential Search Committee were approved with Governing Board Secretary, Nancy C. Chadwick serving as the committee chair. A tentative start date for the new President is August 2016.
- VP Perez reported there will be a special SPC meeting on April 27, 2016 from 3:30-5 PM to discuss the South Education Center and encourages anyone interested to attend.
- VP Perez reported the Budget Committee will be making recommendations to SPC on budget reduction ideas while the District is in stability funding.
- Connie Moise reported a taskforce was created to review mobile apps for the District. They reviewed 3 companies and will be presenting their findings at the next SPC meeting on April 19, 2016.
Additional information can be found at the Finance & Administrative Services Planning Council Website: http://www2.palomar.edu/pages/faspc/