The following discussion took place at the September 15, 2016 meeting of the Basic Skills Committee:
- 16/17 Academic Year long term goals were approved.
- Funding Rubric to request BSI funds were approved.
- Members for Funding Subcommittee were approved (Kevin Kearney, Ruth Barnaba, Benhui Zou, Dana O’Callaghan, Lee Chen).
- 7th year anniversary of Summer Bridge (98 participants in Summer 2016).
- 2016-17 FYE cohort consist of 192 students. The Fall 2016 FYE fieldtrip will be to the Getty Villa.
- Fill rates and retention rates remain strong for all Fall 2016 Learning Communities.
- Village Mentoring model is being rexamined.
- TLC San Marcos campus is offering a total of 18 skillshops in Fall 2016.
- TLC Escondido center is offering a total of 13 skillshops in Fall 2016.
- 2016-17 Basic Skills Action Plan is suspended (CCCCO).
Full meeting minutes, once approved, can be found at the Basic Skills Initiative website: http://www2.palomar.edu/pages/bsi-hsi/