The following discussion and action took place at the November 29, 2017 meeting of the Instructional Planning Council:
Vice President for Instruction, Jack S. Kahn, Ph.D. called the meeting to order at 2:31 p.m.
- Announcements –
- Katy Farrell requested that the Council input their SLO’s into TracDat.
- Suzanne Sebring reported that the Restorative Justice Workgroup is working on offering college courses at the Vista Jail and requested that any faculty members interesting in teaching to please contact her at x3758.
- Approve minutes – October 25, 2017 – MSC – (Fritch/Smiley): The minutes for October 25, 2017 were approved and accepted into the record with abstentions from Michelle Barton and Katy Farrell.
- Approve minutes – November 8, 2017 – MSC – (Fritch/Bongolan): The minutes for November 8, 2017 were approved and accepted into the record with abstentions from Monica Galindo and Suzanne Sebring.
- Guided Pathways Self-Assessment Tool draft and plan update (I.B.4) – VP Kahn presented the following two videos from the California Community Colleges Guided Pathways website: http://cccgp.cccco.edu/About-Guided-Pathways He reported that he has been working with VP Gonzales, Glyn Bongolan, Patrick O’Brien, Travis Ritt, Kelly Falcone, Wendy Nelson, Dean Kailikole, Rachel Miller, Michelle Barton, and Ben Mudgett, to complete the Guided Pathways Self-Assessment. The group will work with faculty to develop a Guided Pathway plan which is due in March 2018.
- Gainful Employment Certificates (I.A.3) – Richard Loucks reported he has been working with Glyn Bongolan and Mark Bealo to review our certificate data. He handed out a document which showed Certificate Awards given out over a four-year period, between 2012-16:
- 109 (66.1%) less than 15 awards
- 41 (24.8%) 15 – 45 awards
- 15 (9.1%) 46+ awards
- IPC Processes (I.B.5) (I.B.9) –
- Group analysis of PRPs – Kelly Falcone led the Council to break into their PRP comprehensive review groups and log into their Google drive accounts on laptops provided to ensure they had access to the correct PRPs they were set to review.
- Reminder of due dates – VP Kahn reminded the Council of the PRP timeline.
- Google drive for processes (Faculty rationale) –
- SEM Plan – Michelle Barton reported that the Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) Task Force and Advisory Committee has been working on developing a Strategic Enrollment Plan. She handed out a draft SEM plan and asked the Council for feedback.
- IPC Membership Discussion (IV.A.3) – Add Members: Professional Development (PD) Coordinator – VP Kahn led the discussion on adding the PD Coordinator as a member to IPC:
- Motion to move this Discussion Item to a First Reading/Action Item: MSC – (Farrell/Sebring) – Council members will bring this First Reading/Action Item out to their constituent groups and bring feedback to the meeting on December 13, 2017. This item will also come back as a Second Reading/Action Item on that same day.