Student Services Planning Council
The following action and discussion took place at the August 24, 2016 meeting of the Student Services Planning Council:
- Approval of Minutes for May 11, 2016:
MSC – (Moss/Stockert): The minutes for May 11, 2016 were approved and accepted into the record with abstentions from Adrian Gonzales, Patrick O’Brien and Sherry Titus.
ACTION ITEMS/FIRST READING –
- Add Manager of Outreach to SSPC Membership
This item was discussed and will be brought back for second reading on September 14, 2016.
- SSPC Orientation
VP of Student Services Adrian Gonzales led the discussion about the role of SSPC within the shared governance structure.
- Presidential Priorities for 2016-17
VP of Student Services Adrian Gonzales reviewed several priorities the President is discussing for 2016-17:
- Implementing legislation and how it fits into the shared governance structure (SSSP, Campus SaVE Act, NCSSSP, SEP, BSI, AEBG, Workforce)
- Dual Enrollment
- Distance and Online Education
- CTE/Non-Credit offerings
- Enrollment and Retention
- The Palomar Promise
- Completing the classification
- PRP forms
VP of Student Services Adrian Gonzales advised the Council we will be updating our PRP forms. Student Services PRP’s will be due on Thursday, November 3, 2016.
- Student Services District BP/AP
VP of Student Services Adrian Gonzales advised the Council that we will be working on updating the Student Services BP/AP’s this academic year.
- Appoint SSPC member to serve on SSEC
VP of Student Services Adrian Gonzales advised that there is a seat open on SSEC for a faculty member from the SSPC. Patrick O’Brien volunteered to serve in this capacity
Motion: MSC (Titus/Williams): A motion was made to add Patrick O’Brien to the SSEC membership as Faculty from SSPC.
Result: Motion approved.
- Linking State-wide Initiatives together
VP of Student Services Adrian Gonzales discussed specific legislation for each initiative.
Additional information can be found at the Student Services Planning Council Website: