Human Resource Services Planning Council
The following discussion took place at the March 1, 2016 meeting of the Human Resource Services Planning Council.
- Staffing Master Plan: Work continues on the new 6-year plan, connecting it to enrollment and budget while keeping it simple and flexible. It is anticipated that the first reading will be available for review at the March 15th HRSPC meeting.
- HRS Program Review Plan: Work continues on the new 2-year plan. HRSPC will have the opportunity to review it and provide input before finalization.
- EEO Plan: The new EEO Plan is due this year and will consist of revisions to comply with new Title 5 regulations.
- Classification Study Update: The District and the CCE will begin negotiations soon with regards to the implementation of the Classification Study.
- AP 3570 – Smoking and/or Other Tobacco Use (Second Reading): HRSPC discussed the concept of issuing citations to violators and adding “vaping” to the list of prohibited forms of smoking on campus. There was a unanimous vote “yes” to add “vaping” to the list of prohibited forms of “smoking” and to implement fines for second and subsequent violations.
Additional information can be found at the Human Resource Services Planning Council Website: http://www2.palomar.edu/pages/hrspc/