- This event has passed.
Palomar Theatre Auditions for FOOLS by Neil Simon
June 25 @ 4:47 pm PDT
Palomar College Theatre Arts AUDITIONS
FOOLS, A comic fable by Neil Simon
Open Call: August 26 (use google form to sign-up for a 10-minute slot – beginning at 5:30 PM)
Callbacks: August 27 • 5:30 PM – 10PM
Performances will be outdoors in The PAC courtyard September 30 – October 3
Culturally Conscious Casting: All roles are open to people of all races, ethnicities and genders
- Auditions will be held in person in the Performing Arts Courtyard on Thursday August 26. Use the google form to sign-up for a 10 Minute slot
- Please prepare a 1-2 comic monologue.
- Rehearsals will be M-F 6:30-10:30 PM (possibly earlier if cast is available) beginning August 30
- Tech rehearsals will be Saturday and Sunday September 25 & 26, 10 AM – 10 PM
- Dress Rehearsals are Monday – Wednesday, September 27-29, 5PM – 10:30 PM
- Rehearsals will be conducted both indoors and outside in the Courtyard. Masks are required for all indoor activities.
“A comic fable set long ago in the cursed village of Kulyenchikov. Leon, a young, enthusiastic teacher arrives for his first appointment as a bona-fide school master. Upon meeting some of the village inhabitants he realizes something is amiss. He soon discovers that the village has been cursed with stupidity for the past 200 hundred years. With the help of the villagers, he unravels the origins of the curse and learns that he has only has 24 hours to break it by teaching the young Sophia Zubritsky something; anything. After falling in love with Sophia, he discovers that if he fails to break the curse, he must leave Kulyenchikov or surrender to the curse and become stupid like the rest of the village.