We are really looking forward to working with you on your project so that you get the results you wish each and time. We thrive on contributing our creative talent and ideas to make sure your finished project reflects the quality of Palomar College. To get started, please complete the Creative Services Project Request Form. Once we receive your project, a designer will reach out to you to discuss any questions and provide a timeline.
Please note your project request must include:
- a signature of a faculty or staff member,
- all information concerning your project such as target audience, copy, images and intended use and purpose of the project.
- a copy code or budget string
A Little Bit More About Us
Each of our designers has over 20 years of experience in the design and print industry. We have industry-standard software for layout, design and illustration and the knowledge to use that software in conjunction with press and copy printing workflow and output. Because of this, we can help you get a successful print project in the shortest amount of time. We can also keep your project in line with the graphic standards so that we retain the approved Palomar College branding as part of your printed piece.
Some Considerations for Collateral Pieces and Publications
- What is the purpose of your piece – is it to get someone to enroll? Or, maybe you want to promote your program?
- Who is the target audience – is it a traditional student or someone who has a career and is returning to school?
- How will it be delivered – is it a digital piece? Or, will you hand it out? If yes, what quantity do you need?
- How will your budget constraints impact the production of your project?
Tips and Tricks
We accept all file formats. If you have specific ideas as to layout or design, please send us a PDF with your project request. Of course, we can use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files too.
We primarily use Macintosh computers. In doing so, some fonts and page formatting submitted in Microsoft Word or PowerPoint may appear odd to us. If this happens, we will connect with you to resolve any concerns.
We have an extensive file of graphics in our department that are all print ready. We can work together to get just the right graphic for your job or we can create graphics to meet your needs.
Be careful when you download images and graphics from the internet – we can’t always use what you provide due low resolution or copywrite concerns. Bitmap files need to be at least 300dpi for print at 100%. Vector files from Illustrator, Freehand or Corel Draw are usually fine at 800 dpi at 100% and can be enlarged.