For Instructors: limited to Palomar college faculty
- Submit exams and a class roster to the Tutoring Center. Proctoring for full classes is limited to online instructors only.
- Indicate any limitations or accommodations for the test. Please print and submit a Proctoring Request
FORM with the exams.
- Completed exams and materials will be mailed to the instructor via campus mail, unless otherwise specified. Instructors requiring immediate return of their exams and materials should arrange to have their tests picked up at the Tutoring Center. Our storage space is very limited. Tests will be mailed back to instructors if not picked up promptly.
- All students must have a valid photo ID to receive the exam. IDs are cross-referenced against your class roster, ensuring that only bona fide students are given the exam.
- Students must provide their own permitted materials; the Tutoring Center may not have available
Scantrons, calculators, texts, etc.
- Library hours do not reflect the Tutoring Center's hours. Check our schedule and/or call to confirm.
Change in Proctoring Center Closing Procedures:
The Proctoring Center needs to stop all tests being
proctored 15 minutes before closing time. More and more students
are waiting until the last day, the last hour to come to our
Center to take their proctored test. Because of the number of
students being checked in and out at the last minute, we need
the extra 15 minutes to properly copy and count tests being
proctored. Please notify your students when sending exams to our
office for proctoring. Advise them not to wait to the last
minute as their proctoring time will be shortened.
- Bring your photo ID. We CANNOT give you the exam without it.
- Make sure you have any necessary testing materials: scantrons, pencils, pens, erasers, calculators, notes.
- Check the Tutoring Center's schedule; our hours are NOT the same as the general library's hours.
- All personal belongings and anything not indicated in your teacher's instructions must be stored beneath your desk during testing, without exception.
- Tutoring does not accept any responsibility for missing or stolen items. Furthermore, we strongly suggest students not bring any valuable property with them on the date of their exam.
The Proctoring Center needs to stop all tests being proctored 15
minutes before closing time. More and more students are waiting
until the last day, the last hour to come to our Center to take
their proctored test. Because of the number of students being
checked in and out at the last minute, we need the extra 15 minutes
to properly copy, sort and count tests being proctored.
DON'T wait until the last minute as
your proctoring time will be shortened.
home | tutor schedule | proctoring |