Proposed contracts for the 2012-2013
academic year are due
September 15, 2012. (February
15, 2013 for faculty teaching spring semester only). Faculty must
confirm completed hours by May 15, 2013. Per
Article 10 of the PFF contract, there is a requirement of 72 hours
of professional development for the academic year.
- Palomar College currently designates 72 (seventy-two)
hours of professional development activities.
- Each faculty member is expected to earn an average of
two (2) Service Points per year through active
participation in one or more College service activities. Please
see the Service Point Guidelines as listed in this booklet and
on the Professional Development web site.
Fall 2012 semester proposed contracts are due
September 15, 2012. Faculty must
confirm completed hours by
December 1, 2012. Professional Development pay
will be included in the December 20th paycheck if the December 1st deadline is
- Professional development activities must occur during the
semester of hire.
- Professional development hours will be paid to part-time
faculty teaching any credit course. Typically, the number of
paid professional development hours is equal to one week of
- If a class is cancelled or if the part-time faculty member is
replaced, professional development pay for that class is
automatically cancelled unless the faculty member completed the
activities prior to their class being canceled.