Palomar College Television (PCTV) has been in operation for more than thirty-five years. The purpose of the department is to serve college faculty, staff, and students through the creation and use of media-rich content.
PCTV fulfills this mission specifically by:
- Accessibility and Enhancement: Increasing student access, reducing educational barriers, and enhancing academic performance by advancing state-of-the-art technology and innovative academic programming.
- Evaluation and Improvement: Researching, evaluating, and revising processes adopted to meet this mission, and working toward professional staff development and program expansion.
- Integration: Ongoing enhancement of our state-of-the-art program to complement and supplement the district's strategic goals.
- Partnerships: Expanding upon important campus and extramural partnerships by offering a broad perspective of academic and technical learning opportunities.
- Community Outreach: Through an innovative marketing plan, increasing community outreach, awareness, and recognition of both Palomar College and the scope and effectiveness of the distance learning program.