PC Hardware | PC Software
Printers | Home
Apple Repair Information
Mac Hardware Repair
Crywolf is an Apple
Authorized Warranty Center. Our staff of Apple Certified Technicians
service warranty and non-warranty computers both on-site and in-shop.
At Crywolf Consulting, our
technical staff consists highly skilled, Certified Technicians, capable
of handling any problem you may encounter. From the full array of
Macintosh computers to server and network integration-even digital
imaging and audio production, our staff can assist you at every level.
Whether you need break-fix maintenance or regularly scheduled preventive
maintenance, Crywolf Consulting can keep your business running at
Crywolf Consulting offers a full range of Technical Support Services for
- Scheduled Maintenance & Mission-Critical
- Structured Voice & Data Cabling
- Gigabit Ethernet Upgrades
- Configuration for Digital Audio & Video
- Mac-PC Integration/OS X Server Implementation
- Color Management
- Font Management
- Adobe & Quark Certified Training
All diagnostic fees are applied to the hourly rate if the repair
is approved. Diagnostic fees apply to in-shop service only.
- Software Diagnostic: $45.00
- Hardware Diagnostic: $75.00
- In-Shop hourly rate: $75.00
- On-Site hourly rate: $95.00
- Apple Warranty: Free!
- NO Travel Charge
- Pickups Scheduled every Tuesday &
Thursday at the I.S. Office
- Emergency Pickups available through
All contact for pickups must go through through
Information Services Helpdesk for Apple Repair. At that time a work
request for repair must be made.
An Apple Repair Form must be filled out and
provided with the Apple equipment for repair by Crywolf. Upon receipt of
the form Helpdesk will contact Crywolf for pickup on Tuesday or Thursday
unless it is deemed an emergency in which a travel charge will be
accessed, approx. $35.00.
Apple Repair Form
|District purchasers of Apple Computer equipment now may have Macintosh systems
built-to-order via The Apple Store for Education.
The Apple Store for Education is an online website where you
may configure Macintosh systems that fit your needs and budget.
|Graphic Arts will be happy to help you configure your
Macintosh -- just ask us! Via email: Jerry Plak,
, phone: (760) 744-1150, ext. 3082, in person: Room GJ-8A, San Marcos Campus.
|Preconfigured System Purchases
|To make a District purchase simply follow these steps:
- Go to the Apple Store for Education
- On the Apple Store for Education front page click on the link "Higher Education
- When asked enter "California" for the state, "San Marcos" for the
city, & "Palomar College" for the college.
- For each purchase req., configure the system or systems (or pick one of the
pre-configured systems) you will be purchasing.
- Click the "Checkout" button when your done configuring your system(s).
- The "Order Options" screen will appear. Click on the "Request
- Fill-out and submit the form.
- A "Web Proposal Number" will be generated. Copy this number to your purchase
requisition. Additionally if you have Adobe Acrobat Reader click the "Print My
Proposal" link to have the proposal as an Acrobat .PDF file. Attaching a copy of this
.PDF to the purchase req. will expedite your order.
|Things to Remember when
ordering a Power Mac G4, Power Book G4, iMac, & iBook
|These systems do not have a floppy
drive, DIN-8 serial ports, LocalTalk ports, or SCSI ports.
- If you need a floppy drive it is recommend that you purchase the Imation SuperDisk with
USB port. The drive retails for around $150 and will let you use 1.4MB floppies as well as
- If you need DIN-8 and/or LocalTalk ports please consult with Information Services as
solutions are device dependent.
- For SCSI (it is used in many scanners & external disk drives, for example) in a
G4 it is recommended that you purchase the SCSI option when you are configuring the
system or use a USB Scanner. If you need SCSI after purchasing a blue G3 we recommend the Adaptec 2906 for
around $80.00. There is no SCSI solution for the iMac or the iBook.
Computing@Palomar | Services
| PC Hardware | PC Software
Printers | Home
Updated Oct. 2003 RS