< Back to Library Information
Faculty Circulation Policies
Faculty may borrow circulating
books for up to one full academic year (May through May), and circulating media
for up to 3 weeks, but are urged to return items as soon as they have finished
Fines for lost items start at $50
($15 for ETV items), plus a processing fee.
San Marcos campus: Drop boxes are located outside the lower level entrance to the
library and on the street in front of the library for after-hours returns. Books
and media may be placed in these boxes.
Escondido Center: A drop box is located inside the front entrance for
after-hours library returns.
Items may be renewed
- By phone, call the San Marcos Campus: (760) 744-1150 x2612 or the
Escondido Educational Center: (760) 744-1150 x8113
- Self renweal - Our new WorldCat Local lour ibrary catalog requires you create a
system account before accessing records and renewing checked out items
- From any page on the catalog, click the Sign In link,
just next to the label
My library account to create your system account.
- On the Sign In screen, click
the Set/reset password link, to create your account
- You will be asked to input your User Name (this is your
eServices ID) to be emailed a password link (the email associated with
your eServices ID).
- Check you email, follow the password link and complete your My
Library account creation
- Once created use your My library account to view your
Checkouts, Holds and
this document for detailed instructions on creating and using you
- Follow these instructions to complete self renewal. If you are unable to do
this, call one of the numbers above for assistance.
For information about obtaining borrowing privileges,