Program Review for 2013-2014
Purpose of Program Review and Planning:
The institution assesses progress toward achieving stated goals and makes decisions regarding the improvement of institutional effectiveness in an on-going and systematic cycle of evaluation, integrated planning, resource allocation, implementation, and re-evaluation. Evaluation is based on analyses of both quantitative and qualitative data (ACCJC/WASC, Standard I, B.3.).
Instructions for Completing the Program Review & Planning (PRP) Forms
1. Click link below to access your Year 2 PRP form. Note:
Forms are locked. Information may only be entered in the gray form fields. If you make any change to the form, we cannot process it correctly.
2. Attend one of the Year 2 PRP Information and Training Sessions listed below:
October 25 (1-3pm in MD-157)
Tuesday, October 29 (2-4pm in AA-140)
Wednesday, October 30 (1-3pm in AA-140)
November 5 (12:30-2pm in AA-140)
Wednesday, November 6 (12-1:30pm in AA-140)
3. For the Mission Statement: Review the College's Mission Statement. If your discipline or program currently has a Mission Statement, review it for relevancy and alignment with the College's Mission Statement. If you do not have a Mission Statement, the materials provided during the training sessions will help you create one.
Steps I-V on the form.
- For STEP I: Review and Evaluation of Year 1, you will need to access the PRP you completed last year. The link to your PRP is included in the PRP form.
- For STEP II: Evaluation of Program and SLOAC Data, you will need to access program data and run a Comprehensive SLOAC report.
- We regret that we are unable to populate the form with data as we have done in the past, but will revisit this as we move forward with further adjustments to the process. In training, we will provide you with plenty of instruction so that you can comfortably navigate the data files.
- The links to your program data files are included in the PRP form. The data will be presented in excel workbooks and worksheets. These worksheets are formatted for EXCEL 2007 or higher. If you have any questions, please contact Research and Planning at extension 2360.
- The first time you open the excel files, you may receive a yellow security warning about macros. You can choose to either enable or ignore the macro setting and the spreadsheet functionality will not be affected.
- When you open each excel file, do not save to your computer. Just navigate to the desired tab (located at the bottom of the spreadsheet)and then select criteria in box in top left corner of screen. Refer to your training notes for an explanation on how to select your discipline's data.
- The Success and Retention file is very large and will take extra time to open and to activate the first search. Subsequent searches are not delayed.
- The link for running your
Comprehensive SLOAC reports is included hereand in the PRP form.
- For STEP III: Updated Goals and Plans, use the results of the evaluation you completed in STEP II to identify goals and project plans for your discipline for the upcoming year.
- For STEPS IV and V: Requested Resources and Staffing, identify the resources you will need to implement the goals and plans you created in STEP III.
Due dates for completed forms:
- Thursday, January 30, 2014 - completed Drafts of discipline Year 2 PRPs are due to the Division Dean for review and input.
- Thursday, February 13, 2014 - Completed Final electronic and print copies of the discipline Year 2 PRP are due.
- Provide a hard copy with Chair/Director and Dean signatures to Instructional Services.
- Email an electronic copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need help with the form or data files, please contact Research and Planning at extension 2360.
Note, while the links to program data are included in your PRP form, for your convenience, they are also listed below: