Create a meeting with all the students in your group.
Refer students for tutoring support.
Identify EOPS candidates.
Refer students to off-campus career opportunities.
Set up a tour of the Library or other college facilities.
Encourage the use of Health Services.
Communicate with colleagues to secure information on progress or to secure resources helpful to the student.
Refer students to the Career Center so they can identify career interests.
Refer students to Student Activities to secure a bus schedule.
Refer students to the Transfer Center for guidance.
Inform students of on-campus activities, groups, and clubs.
How to Begin:
1. Ask the student to remain after class or walk with him or her.
2. Invite the student to be part of the mentor program.
3. Provide students with the Palomar Mentor Program card to read and review.
4. Establish a one-on-one meeting with each student to discuss the details of the program.
5. Make Palomar Mentor Program cards available during office hours.
6. Put a statement on the course syllabi informing students about the Mentor Program and discuss the program the first day of class when reviewing the syllabus.