Palomar College
Emergency Response General Information On-line Service Requests Popular Links Skilled Trades  


Building Services

Facilities | Building Services | General Info | FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers 

Can I get window blinds in my classroom and office replaced?

Classroom and office windows blinds can be replaced at the individual department’s expense.  Please submit a Facilities Work Request Form.  Forms should be printed with an account number and description of the request and submitted to the Facilities Office with the appropriate signatories.

Can my department place items in the space where mechanical equipment and building utilities are stored?

Those spaces can be dangerous and should only be accessed by Facilities personnel.  Do not place any items in these areas.

Can you help me with my personal vehicle (e.g., dead battery, keys locked in car)?

Fleet Services can only respond to calls regarding College-owned vehicles. 

Do you lend out tools and equipment?

All tools and equipment are only for use by Facilities employees

How do I get information about the status of my project?

You can contact the Facilities Office at extension 2629 from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. 

How do I identify an authorized construction worker on campus?

All authorized construction workers are required to sign in at the Facilities Office when they arrive on campus.  If you have any concerns about people in your area, please contact the Facilities Office at extension 2629 from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday. After these hours and on weekends as well as holidays, please contact Campus Police at extension 2289 or 760/891-7273.

How do I report a sidewalk that needs repair?

Please call the Facilities Office at extension 2629.

How do you deal with disability accommodations and ADA compliance?

We make every effort to make the campus accessible.  Please let us know if you have any concerns or suggestions by emailing the Facilities Office.

How long will it take to complete my Maintenance Repair Ticket?

This depends on the maintenance backlog list and the criticality of the request.  Normally, it takes one-to-five days.

What is maintenance?

General campus maintenance services, including recurring work needed to keep campus buildings, grounds and utility systems in good repair, are supported by funds allocated to the Facilities Department.  Auxiliaries and other agencies not funded through the general fund are charged for this work.

Who do I call if my ceiling is leaking?

If you have a ceiling leaking contact the Facilities Office at extension 2629.  We will issue a Maintenance Repair Ticket and one of our Skilled Maintenance Technicians will respond.  Unfortunately, roof leaks are sometimes difficult to locate and correct.  Sometimes the leak is due to roofing issues that require major repair projects.

Who do I call to report broken windows, blinds, restroom fixtures, etc?

Please call the Facilities Office at extension 2629. 

Who do I call to report vandalism?

Please contact Campus Police at extension 2289 or 760/891-7273.

Who replaces burned out lights?

The Maintenance Electricians replace burned out lights.  If you have a light that needs replacing, please submit our Maintenance Repair Ticket which provides services that are tailored to your needs and requirements. 

What do I do if my office is too hot or too cold?

To report an uncomfortable situation where a room or area is too hot or too cold, please contact the Facilities Office at extension 2629.   Provide the thermostat reading.   When calling be specific as to the space that is uncomfortable and provide a department contact who is familiar with the problem and other conditions in the area.

Place a work order in Maintenance Direct so the problem can be addressed.

What is considered an Emergency?

Emergencies typically include such things as health and safety hazards, imminent damage to facilities or equipment, security deficiencies, heating requests, elevator breakdowns, leaks, plumbing problems, power outages, etc.  Please contact the Facilities Office immediately at extension 2629.

Why can’t you do my Maintenance Repair Ticket “right away” when it will only take five minutes?

We receive many requests like this every day.  To maintain control of the workload, all Maintenance Repair Tickets must be prioritized and scheduled.

Why would a Building Services employee come into my room when I did not submit a Facilities Work Request Form or a Maintenance Repair Ticket Form?

Most generally this was a Preventative Maintenance inspection.    Please reference the following links for the Escondido Center and the San Marcos Campus preventative maintenance schedules:





Palomar Community College District | 1140 W. Mission Rd. San Marcos, Ca 92069 | Tel: 760-744-1150
© 2009 Palomar Community College District. All rights reserved.  Palomar College | Contact Us | Questions/Suggestions