Articulation CalWORKS Career Center Counseling EOPS DRC Financial Aid Transfer Center TRIO
Assessment Home
General Information
Make an Appointment
Special Testing
Prior Testing
Study Guides
Early Acceptance (EAP)
High School Counselors
General Information
COMPLETED COLLEGE COURSEWORK: If you have taken an English or math course at another college you may fax an unofficial transcript to Assessment (760) 591-0482.   Please be sure to include your Palomar ID number and phone number.  Official transcripts must be sent to Admissions.   Documentation of previous scores up to two years is allowed.
If you have completed an assessment in English, reading and math at another college, we will accept it for two years from the date tested.  Bring in your results to Assessment, SU-1, or Fax your results to (760) 591-0482.  Please include your Palomar ID number.
AP Scores

AP scores of 3, 4, 5 are acceptable for placement in English and math.  Bring in your AP scores or FAX to us.  Please include your ID number.  The College Board will need to mail an official copy to Admissions.

ELM and EPT Placement

We accept the CSU placement.  Fax or bring in your scores.


SAT and ACT scores may be used for placement.  Fax or bring in your scores to the Assessment Center.  You need the minimum scores below for placement.  An SAT score of 500 in Writing is needed for English 100 placement.

  Writing Math
SAT 500 550
ACT 22 23
Students may take the assessment once per year. Placement is valid for two years from date of testing. If a student does not feel she/he has been appropriately placed, she/he may challenge all or part of the assessment. Please contact our Student Access/Assessment Center for procedures.
Non-native English speakers please contact ESL department, room H-116  (760) 744-1150 ext. 2272.
Students with disabilities contact DRC department, DRC, (760) 744-1150 ext. 2375.
Student ACCESS/Assessment Center,
Phone: (760) 744-1150 ext. 2383 or 2476
FAX: (760) 591-0482
If you believe that assessment, orientation, counseling, or any other matriculation procedure is being applied in a discriminatory manner, you may file a complaint to the Dean of Counseling and Matriculation, (760) 744-1150 ext. 2184.
Copyright 2011-2015 All rights reserved.  Legal Notices.
Palomar College Counseling Division
Last Modified 04/29/2015