Home  |  Benefits  |  Current News  |  Calendar  |  Helpful Information  |  FAQs  |  Directory  |  Orientation
Welcome to the Palomar College CalWORKs Homepage

The Palomar College CalWORKs Program assists welfare recipient students and those in transition off of welfare to achieve long-term self-sufficiency. We provide services on campus and help facilitate services through the County of San Diego.

To be eligible for the CalWORKs program:

  • You must be receiving cash aid (CalWORKs/TANF) for yourself, or you must have received aid within the last two years and are now working at least part time.  
  • Be in good standing with Health and Human Services Agency (HHSA)
  • You must be, or plan to be a part-time student.
  • You must be working towards one of the following: Certificate, AA degree, transfer to a 4 year college or university, or to improve work skills. 
  • A High School Diploma or GED is NOT required.

If you think you may be eligible, attendance at an orientation is required for participation in the Palomar College CalWORKs Program. Call (760)744-1150  ext. 2449

You may also be eligible for EOP&S/CARE.
Click here for more information.

Note: If you are participating with EOPS/CARE and CalWORKs, each program has it's own requirements and you must adhere to each program(s) requirements.