|The Independent Citizens’ Oversight Committee will review the expenditure of funds from the Proposition M general obligation bonds to ensure that bond revenues are expended only for the purposes described and that no bond funds are used for any teacher or administrative salaries or other operating expenses.
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age and reside within Palomar Community College District’s geographic boundaries. The Committee shall consist of at least seven (7) members appointed by the Board of Trustees from a list of candidates submitting written applications and based on criteria established by Proposition 39. No employee or official of Palomar Community College District, and no vendor, contractor or consultant of the District, nor the immediate families of any of the aforementioned entities, shall be appointed to the Independent Citizens’ Oversight Committee. The committee shall be comprised of:
- One (1) student enrolled and active in a community college support group, such as student government;
- One (1) member active in a business organization representing the business community located in the District;
- One (1) member active in a senior citizens' organization;
- One (1) member active in a bona-fide taxpayers association;
- One (1) member active in a support organization for Palomar College, such as a foundation or advisory council;
- Two (2) members of the community at-large.
In addition, a majority of the members of the Committee shall possess expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- large scale construction operations;
- municipal/public finance matters;
- multiple years expertise with agency/entity budgeting (which may include public agency or public entity budgeting);
- and project management.